Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Music that defined my childhood

I Facebooked a friend the other day a picture of a t-shirt clip. I used to wear these all the time with gigantic NKOTB shirts and leggings. Lately, I wish I had kept some of those outfits! They are all coming back into style, darn it.

After I sent her the picture, I started reminiscing about all the fun times I had in the 80's with her, a whole bunch of Barbies, some Cabbage Patch Dolls, and our dance costumes.

Music was a HUGE part of our lives back then. We would make up dances to songs and we watched Dirty Dancing over, and over, and over, and over....
(I still watch it...over...and over...)

So I am going to make a mix tape....uh sorry, download to my iPod all the great music we couldn't get enough of in the 80's. Some are entire albums and some are just random songs, but I loved them all and can remember the words, and some of the dances to every single song!

1. New Kids on the Block
Step by step
Hangin' Tough
New Kids on the Block

2. Paula Abdul
Forever Your Girl

3. Tiffany
Tiffany
Hold and Old Friends Hand

4. Debbie Gibson
Lost in Your Eyes

5. George Michael
Faith

6. Dirty Dancing Soundtrack

7. Locomotion






No comments:

Post a Comment