1. If you could, would you go back to high school? Could I go knowing what I know now? If so then yes I would definitely do it. But if I just had to relive it again...I don't think so. It was fun but I am glad it is over.
2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes".)
a. to be able to work from home...for my own business and make money off of it. b. a new house where we can spread out...with a theater room, a pool, and enough money to pay for it!
3. What kids show do you secretly like? iCarly...hmm haven't really seen any of them except for that one.
4. What is your beverage of choice? Water, unless we are talking alcohol, then anything with tequila.
5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)? My weight! I hate it and I'm trying to change it.
I recently signed up to take an online blog workshop with what I thought was a reputable blog. I saw so many girls who I respect, that had the Lady Bloggers Society button on their page. If you click that link you will notice that her site is conveniently "down" for a while.
So here is a checklist another smart blogger I met through this experience, came up with:
- What are the credentials of the person offering the service / workshop? Are they successful? In what niche?
- What are previous participants saying? Can you contact them to see if they are satisfied?
- What are the refund policies? Are the benefits of the workshop specific and clear?
- Is it too good to be true? It probably is
The workshop I attended was with The Lady Blogger Society. It was called the Lady Bloggers Circle, run by Stepfanie Bishop.
So this would be almost the end of week three. She has not posted the 3rd assignment. We were supposed to be paying for her expertise. She never replied to any of our forum posts. When all the participants started emailing each other, we realized that we all felt the same way. We joined the most expensive forum ever!
When we started questioning her and asking for refunds her answer was...I will only return part of your money because you completed two assignments, you never got your consultation, and you got 2 E-books.
1. Yes, I completed the assignments and she did not reply.
2. The E-books? I could have found that info on google by searching for "how to improve my blog".
3. Really....after all she hasn't done do you really think I want her consultation?
All she had was excuses and lies, and that is no way to run a business. I think she is finally going to refund my full amount. I just wanted to share my experience with all of you. You may have noticed that I took down her button from my blog. I just hope that none of you will be swindled by her like I was. Please be careful when it comes to things like these and make sure you ask yourself those questions.
I was reading a blog I follow and today she posted something like this. She was looking through her pictures on her Blackberry and decided to post her random pictures on her phone. So I stole her idea and here you go. I will let you enjoy the pictures first...in all their crappy Blackberry glory, then I will explain them! Enjoy!
1. A picture of one of the kittens, I just love the evil lurking kitten in the background.
2. I was cleaning out some stuff and found my Donnie...New Kids on the Block Earrings! Aren't they awesome?!?!
3. I took Colin and two of his friends skating for his birthday last year, and this is what happens when you are only about 3 feet tall, there is something cool happening, and it's happening behind a 4 1/2 foot wall.
4. My crazy dog. She is spoiled...but not THIS spoiled! No I did not buy her a stroller. We were at soccer practice and she decided that since the kid wasn't using it, she was going to.
5. Toast. My kiddo is so thoughtful. One day he gets in the car after school and pulls this bag out of his backpack. Then he says...."Hey mom! I brought you toast!" Oh yeah I made a scrapbook page for this toast!
6. A Random picture of the roundhouse in Santa Fe. This is when we were there for the Union Rally.
7. So many things wrong with this picture. First of all we are at El Cafecito and Colin has, on his head, a Happy Meal box from McDonalds. Second, he was supposed to take the golden arches off to make a helmet. Uh, yeah...
8. A picture of a chair from the Hyatt. We were deciding where Colin would be able to sleep since they gave me a king bed instead on two queens. Of course Colin and Zig were stowaways at my scrapbooking retreat.
9. So I took this picture today of the horrible dust cloud. That's what happens when the wind blows in the desert. I posted it on Facebook, and my friend responded saying something like wow it's so dusty you almost can't read the Sands Motel sign....Ha Ha never even realized that!
Ugh...You really want me to get started on this?!?! It was a Chevy Corsica...and it was a piece of crap! Thanks to my dad!
2. What song are you embarrassed to know the lyrics to?
Probably any rap song, or Miley Cyrus.
3. Have you ever had stitches?
Yes....we won't talk about that either. Those were thanks to Colin...when he was born.
4. What was your first job?
My dad would take me out to Laguna mart to stock. My first real job was as a waitress at Grants Station.
5. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character?
I love Oscar, and the little worm. Oh and Aloysius Snuffleupagus. So I just had to look that up to see how it was spelled. Did you know that his first name is Aloysius? He has a sister named Alice. Big Bird always called him Snuffie!
I am in love with this kit that CTMH designed for National Scrapbooking month! I am addicted to die cut papers, which is probably why I love it. Ask me how you can get one of these for yourself!
On another note, I had the greatest time ever with my first class on Saturday. I only had 5 ladies...well 4 ladies and 1 very crafty girl...who attended. I was a little bummed at first, but after it was all said and done those 5 were perfect for my first class! I am pretty sure they had fun as well. As my guinea pigs, I figured out what I needed to do different next time. They all seemed pretty into my Card Club I want to do, which is awesome!! For 4 of them being beginners, they caught on easily and my kits seemed pretty simple to follow. I can't wait for the next class!!
Which brings me to my next thought.....
I want to do a set (for me of course) of the Sugar and Spice recipe cards, and a box to go with them. I just wanted to see if anyone else might me interested in hanging out with me to put one of these together? I wouldn't charge for a "class" but you would just buy your own supplies, then come on over, eat chocolate, maybe have some drinks, and make the cutest recipe holder ever. I wish I had a picture of it already, but the new catalog is not available for customers to look at online yet. It is on page 32 when the book comes out. You can always let me know if you would like to see it and I will find a way to show you the picture!
So here is the breakdown of the price for it:
Card Kit $12.95--comes with 32 4x6 recipe cards, 3 stickease sticker sheets, and 6 4x6 dividers.
about $3.00 if we split a bulk paper pack to decorate the box
**optional-- you can purchase a level #1 paper pack for $9.95, a level #2 paper pack for $12.95, and/or a stickease set for $4.95.
The paper pack is Cherry-O and it is so adorable! Here is a sneak peek......
This weekend I was able to attend another Inspired Retreat by Charlene. I think I got about 12 Layouts done and did several make and takes and classes from the awesome vendors. Is it wrong that I will be giving one to my mom as a mothers day present? It is handmade even if it wasn't my idea. (Sorry mom, I know you read my blog, but you will love this gift!)
Charlene put me at a table with a few of the ladies I sat with last September. I will definitely be asking to get seated with someone else next time. One of the ladies is great and she scraps for the fun of it. The other two are Scrap Snobs. I do not like scrap snobs. Everyone has their own style and their own experience level. These ladies look at my layouts and turn up their noses!! They do some awesome work but c'mon it isn't THAT great!
The hotel did a great job of booking polar opposite events that weekend too! We had ballroom full of Soccer Mom types, and on the second floor...a Tattoo Convention which featured everything from human suspension to midget wrestling! So of course at our pajama party on Saturday night, I won a prize by showing off my half back tattoo of butterfly wings!! Oh the looks of shock and surprise!
Here are some of the layouts I completed. Sorry about the bad pictures I was being lazy and used my BlackBerry. So I am missing 3 pictures and I will post those as soon as technology cooperates with me.
Oh! and the horrible picture in the middle on the bottom? It is an awesome picture sorter box thing. It is a quick quotes kit. Love Quick Quotes and the ladies at Heart to Heart actually gave the class. Love Heart to Heart too!
And....I just realized that one is on there twice...sorry.
I have not posted for a few days. Mostly because I was recovering from the Inspired Retreat. I had creativity overload! I will post my layouts and the cute make and takes I made later. But right now, I wanted to share this cute flower tutorial. My scrapbook is going to hate me. I use too many chunky embellies as it is and it is busting at the seams!
1. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
Hmmm, I have never really given this any thought. I thought about it....I have no idea!
2. Did you ever go to summer camp?
Yes I went to a church camp with a friend one time and Rainbow Camp several years! There was a cemetery on the grounds and we used to sneak out at night with blankets and go lay in the cemetery grass and look at the stars. Wow, what rebels we were!!
3. What sends you running and screaming in the other direction?
Snakes!!! I think it all started when I was about 5 or 6. A neighbor killed a rattlesnake in the road by chopping its head off. They hung the body on the fence and it kept twitching. aaaggghhhhh
4. What is something you do that drives your spouse nuts?
I leave the dishsoap open. I didn't even hear about this from him, his coworker told me! I really try to close it now.
5. What is currently your favorite song?
I can't pinpoint ONE song. Thinks I have been listening to over and over right now are the Alice in Wonderland Soundtrack, Lady GaGa, Lady Antebellum, and the Mama Mia Soundtrack. I know, it's an odd mix.
The green Nokia phone that runs on sugary drinks
on January 12, 2010
34 sugar-powered phone. Couldn't let this one go without comment - it's a sugar-powered phone, from a collaboration between Nokia and Chinese designer Daizi Zheng.
Just pour in some glucose solution - or any sugary drink, Coke for example, and the phone runs for several hours - up to three or four times longer than a lithium battery according to Zheng. The phone produces water and carbon dioxide as the battery runs down, but then can just be recharged with a new shot of sugary water.
The concept is to use a pollution-free bio battery to replace the traditional battery. this particular bio battery uses enzymes as a catalyst to generates electricity from carbohydrates.
In this era of green-focussed technology, having a phone which runs off sugar is the ultimate in eco-bling. We're not sure if the technology will become widely available, but certainly its application in places with poor electricity like that developing world could be really useful. Just don't drop it or you'll get Coke everywhere.
I Facebooked a friend the other day a picture of a t-shirt clip. I used to wear these all the time with gigantic NKOTB shirts and leggings. Lately, I wish I had kept some of those outfits! They are all coming back into style, darn it.
After I sent her the picture, I started reminiscing about all the fun times I had in the 80's with her, a whole bunch of Barbies, some Cabbage Patch Dolls, and our dance costumes.
Music was a HUGE part of our lives back then. We would make up dances to songs and we watched Dirty Dancing over, and over, and over, and over....
(I still watch it...over...and over...)
So I am going to make a mix tape....uh sorry, download to my iPod all the great music we couldn't get enough of in the 80's. Some are entire albums and some are just random songs, but I loved them all and can remember the words, and some of the dances to every single song!
1. New Kids on the Block
Step by step
New Kids on the Block
So I wanted to order a couple of scrap shirts but have been too cheap. So I decided to run to that evil corporate store (that I won't even mention the name here). I found some heat transfer paper and a couple of mens shirts and paid only about $13 for everything. I made one for my classes and CTMH stuff, and the other just because I loved the saying. I found the flourish clip art and added the Scraptastic saying to it!
For some reason some very, very difficult people have been placed in my path. So much that I have even subscribed to the Dealing with Difficult People blog for help. I have been researching mental illnesses and personality disorders and have noticed that most of the people who are "difficult" seem to all fall under Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Here is some info from www.mayoclinic.com:
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders.
Narcissistic personality disorder symptoms may include:
· Believing that you're better than others
· Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
· Exaggerating your achievements or talents
· Expecting constant praise and admiration
· Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
· Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
· Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
· Taking advantage of others
· Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
· Being jealous of others
· Believing that others are jealous of you
· Trouble keeping healthy relationships
· Setting unrealistic goals
· Being easily hurt and rejected
· Having a fragile self-esteem
· Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence or strong self-esteem, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence and self-esteem into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal. In contrast, people who have healthy confidence and self-esteem don't value themselves more than they value others.
When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may have a sense of entitlement. And when you don't receive the special treatment to which you feel entitled, you may become very impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — the best car, athletic club, medical care or social circles, for instance.
But underneath all this behavior often lies a fragile self-esteem. You have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have a sense of secret shame and humiliation. And in order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.
When to see a doctor
When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong — doing so wouldn't fit with your self-image of power and perfection. But by definition, narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of your life, such as relationships, work, school or your financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and confused by a mix of seemingly contradictory emotions. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.
So will I ever be good enough for these people? NO! But, I don't care anymore. If I offend them, oh well. At least I finally know that I am NOT the one with the problem. I am awesome, my kiddo is amazing, and my fiance is wonderful, and I deserve all the good things that happen to me. I will never again self-sabotage because of YOU!
Screw you you dang narcissistic people!!! Please move along and find someone else to make miserable!!! I believe I have learned my lesson from this little exercise.