Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring into Summer Blog Hop

If you came here from Lisa, Welcome!! Isn't her gift card holder card amazing? I will definitely be scraplifting that one for all my graduation cards I will be making this week! If you found me on your own why don't you hop on over to the Paper...Talk...Scissors when you are done here?

I decided to show you all a really easy water color technique.

You will need Staz on, colored pencils, blending stumps, a dry body oil (do NOT use baby oil), and of course some really cute stamps that you would like to color in.

1. Stamp your image using the Staz On.
2. Take your colored pencil and color a dark line around the edge of the image.
3. Dip your blending stump in the oil and scrap the excess off on the top of the oil bottle. You don't want a lot of oil on your blending stump. Trace the colored pencil line that you made, and then start blending the color into the middle. Repeat until you get desired color. You can always use different colors. I do this a lot in my flowers.

That is it! Easy right?

Please leave a comment, and I would love to see what you create with this technique! There will be an RAK for one lucky commenter!!

Now go visit the Paper...Talk...Scissors Forum!

13 comments:

  1. That is a cool technique that I have not seen before! I love it! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never saw that before - very cool! what is dry body oil and where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique can't wait to try it. Where do you get dry body oil at? Thanks for the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool! I was wondering what kind of ink I could use with my watercolor pencils! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique, I haven't seen that before either!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great tutorial! I bet body oil is a lot cheaper than art markers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting...I never would've imagined this. Thanks for the neat tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen that befor, what a great idea, i am always looking for new ways to color in my stamps, definately gonna try this one

    ash_albright44@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had some questions about the oil I used. I used Palmers Body Oil. It says "dry oil" on the bottle which means that it dries fast on the skin so that it doesn't stain your clothes. Any body oil that dries fast or says it is a dry oil will work. Baby oil will bleed so do not use it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the hop and technique. I have never heard of dry body oil. I haven't even used the gamosil that I have heard of but I am going to try this. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting something else to work with my watercolor pencils....I haven't been totally happy with just my blending pen. Thanks for this tip. I'll have to look for this type of body oil. I'm now following your bog. It's so cute!! Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete